Thursday, December 20, 2018

December: wrapping up

Success! I am very pleased to tell you guys that my manifesto point "7) Study room booking to include information about the facilities and space available in each room available for booking" has been achieved! Big thanks to the staff in Library Service, there has been additional info on the room booking site as you can see here:




I hope this will help get you your perfect room :)

Trans inclusivity in Health and Social Work courses
Programme leads in the nursing and social work degree courses requested i send them resources to guide my request that their curriculum include content on an understanding of gender-varying people and the support they may require from professions such as nursing or social workers. I have done extensive research into this and informed them more specifically on how their courses can prepare students to understand gender-varying individuals.
 
Printing credit 

I campaigned strongly to the Vice Chancellor for an annual £5 printing credit for every student - since I believe this is a reasonable average of the printing credit demand among students having gathered so much feedback on the issue. The VC promised to prioritize Library Services when reviewing university budgets. I will chase up on that in January.

I have also been working on the schedules and marketing materials of these events for 2019:

Debate Club

The Secret life of a PhD Student

World Hijab Day

STAG Awards

Merry Xmas and happy end of Semester A! We did it! Woohoo!

Email me on z.hakim@herts.ac.uk

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment

July: Football may not be coming home but the STAG is

Hi g uys! Just finished m onth two as your VP and I would like to tell you how  it  ha s  been.    First of  all ,  let me  clarify ...